901 W. Rex Allen Dr. | Willcox, AZ 85643
| Toll Free:
Map to Hospital
Boots and Bling Fundraiser Event
Board of Directors
List of Services
Outpatient Nursing Services
Rural Health Clinics
Patient Financial Services
Medical Director - Rural Health Clinics
Northern Cochise Community Hospital, Inc. in Willcox, AZ, is seeking a Medical Director for our Rural Health Clinics! A wonderful opportunity to make a big impact on a small community!
Northern Cochise Community Hospital, Inc. (NCCH) is a community focused, Non-Profit, Critical Access Hospital system which offers comprehensive family health/primary care in both Willcox, Arizona at Sulphur Springs Medical Center (SSMC) as well as in Pearce/Sunsites, Arizona at Sunsites Medical Center (SMC).
Our Rural Health Clinics encourage a strong team work environment where the patient comes first. The Medical Director for our Rural Health Clinics will provide on-site management of the clinical and administrative aspects of the primary care clinic operations. The Medical Director's responsibilities include coordinating departmental operations, Patient Care activities, and Administrative functions.
Responsible for Clinical Operations of NCCH Rural Health Clinics:
- Provides ongoing effective clinical leadership, guidance and oversight for the day to day operations of NCCH's Rural Health Clinics.
- Investigates patient complaints and incident reports.
- Interacts with the Chief of the Medical Staff.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of documentation in patient medical records through chart reviews.
- Ensures that proper patient care protocols are developed and maintained to ensure compliance with CMS and/or State of Arizona regulations.
- Assists with work flow between the Rural Health Clinics and other ancillary departments in the Hospital.
Provides direct medical management for patients within the Rural Health Clinics.
- Provides quality patient care to patients in SSMC & SMC as a working provider.
- Maintains Medical Staff Credentials.
- Serves as an advisor to the hospital's quality improvement program as it relates to the Rural Health Clinics.
- Reviews Rural Health Clinic records for appropriate documentation, assessment of appropriateness of treatment, and appropriateness of tests ordered.
- Works with the Hospital to coordinate other activities as requested by the CEO or Hospital medical staff.
- Serves as the hospital's representative for developing relations with the area's medical resources.
- Strives to become actively involved in the local community.
Provides Administrative functions for the Rural Health Clinics.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of the Rural Health Clinic Providers in collaboration with the Director of Ancillary Services, and their performance shall be evaluated on the basis of their professional attitude, professional capabilities, patient relation attitudes, and overall effectiveness. The Director's overall responsibility is to comply with the hospital's peer review activities.
- Responsible for keeping the CEO or his designee informed of primary care clinical operations.
- Familiar with the criteria for primary care as established by the state of Arizona, Medicare and Medicaid, and will be responsible for ensuring the compliance with the standards set forth by the appropriate regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Works with the CEO or his designee to develop long-range plans.
Education and/or Experience:
Doctor of Medicine: Graduate from accredited MD or DO program recognized by the Arizona Medical Board or the Arizona Board of Osteopathic Examiners. Two years of clinical experience in a Primary Care Clinic Setting, preferably in a Rural Health Clinic. Prior Medical Director experience preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of the Arizona Medical Board laws and rules, and NCCH Medical Staff By- Laws.
• The ability to prioritize and make independent decisions to solve complex patient care problems.
• Able to perform therapeutic procedures to protect the health and welfare of patients.
• Detail oriented and demonstrates ability to appropriately utilize the NCCH electronic information system.
• Ability to provide motivation and leadership to Emergency Department to assist with implementation of performance guidelines.
• Effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Knowledge of HIPAA Confidentiality and Security requirements.
• Skill and abilities to communicate effectively using both verbal and written methods.
• Effective critical thinking, problem solving, planning and analytical skills and abilities.
• Skill and abilities to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and re-prioritize with changing circumstances.
• Well-organized, self-directed, and presents/maintains a professional demeanor.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current, unrestricted License to practice medicine in the State of Arizona by the Arizona Medical Board or the Arizona Board of Osteopathic Examiners.
- Maintains NCCH Medical Staff Membership in good standing with appropriate privileges at NCCH.
- Maintains on an unrestricted basis, participation in good standing in the Medicare and Arizona Medicaid Programs.
- Current, unrestricted Controlled Substance Registration Certificate from the U.S. Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification.
- Maintains credentialing with all insurance payers accepted by NCCH.
- Shall not be barred from or otherwise ineligible to participate in any state health care programs or from any federal health program as defined in 42 U.S.C .§1320a-7b(f) ("Federal Health Care Program"), or debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or voluntarily excluded by any federal department or agency.
- Must satisfactorily comply with all applicable federal, state, and municipal statutes or ordinances, including, without limitation, all licensing and credentialing requirements and other applicable rules and regulations of governmental agencies regulating Physician's profession, and applicable Ethical standards.
Qualified applicants send resumes to: Human Resources at 901 W Rex Allen Drive Willcox, AZ 85643, or apply online at www.ncch.com
Position Type :
Lydia Newkirk - HR Manager
901 W. Rex Allen Dr.
Willcox, AZ 85643
Click Here to fill out our official online application.