901 W. Rex Allen Dr. | Willcox, AZ 85643
| Toll Free:
Map to Hospital
Board of Directors
List of Services
Rural Health Clinics
Patient Financial Services
Chief Nursing Officer - Nursing
Northern Cochise Community Hospital, Inc., located in Willcox, AZ, is seeking a dedicated and driven Chief Nursing Officer. NCCH provides health services as a 24-bed Critical Access Hospital with ancillary services, over 17 visiting specialist providers, a 24/7 6 bed Level IV Trauma ER, and two off-site Rural Health Clinics.
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) reports to the CEO and is responsible and accountable for planning, organizing and directing the overall operations of Nursing/Patient Care Services at NCCH. The CNO exemplifies NCCH's Mission, Vision, and Values through nursing practice and delivery. This position also directs and coordinates functions relating to the Medical Floor Department (Inpatient, outpatient, observation and Swing Bed), Emergency Department, Endoscopy, Case Management, Utilization Review, Respiratory, Employee Health, Nurse Education, Infection Control, Pharmacy, and Dietary services.
Provides Clinical Leadership and management oversight:
• Provides ongoing effective leadership and management for the day to day operations of nursing and clinical services.
• Ensures that Northern Cochise Community Hospital continues to adapt, evolve, and grow to accommodate changes in the healthcare environment.
• Works cooperatively with the Medical Staff and hospital personnel to insure that the highest quality of health service is being provided to patients.
• Maintains compliance with regulations governing healthcare providers and the regulations of accrediting bodies by monitoring operations and initiating changes where required.
• Provides oversight for responsible departments for the coordination and control of the annual budget process.
• Represents Nursing and participates in Administrative Council management activities including: strategic plan development, administrative team meetings, and departmental staff meeting.
• Prepares reports for presentation to the Board of Directors, Medical Staff and Manager Meetings as directed by the CEO.
• Maintains community affiliations to support and promote a positive image of Northern Cochise Community Hospital in the community.
• Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development.
• Guides annual goal setting as well as the development, implementation, and
monitoring of a strategic plan for Nursing which reflects the organizations current and
anticipated strategic priorities.
• Assures the integration of the findings of current evidence based practice and
research into the policies and procedures governing the provision of nursing care.
• Advocates and allocates for resources, including fiscal and technology resources, to
support patient care and to support the mission and vision of NCCH.
Education and/or Experience:
BSN from an accredited school of Nursing required, MSN preferred. 5 years supervisory experience with at least 1 year of senior level Nursing Leadership experience as a DON or CNO at a CAH, plus 3 years acute care nursing experience required. Previous ER experience preferred. 3 years nursing leadership experience at a Critical Access Hospital (CAH) strongly preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of Arizona Nurse Practice Act, and current standards of care.
• Demonstrated leadership ability and potential managerial competency. Evidence of this includes, but is not limited to, effective communication skills, ability to deal well with people, ability to problem solve, ability to confront/resolve issues, ability to motivate others, ability to plan, organize, and direct the activities of others. Strong recruitment and retention abilities
• Knowledge of HIPPA Confidentiality and Security requirements
• Knowledge and technical skills/ability to perform the functions of their specific clinical or non clinical discipline
• Ability to respond effectively and make independent decisions as circumstances warrant
• Skill and abilities to communicate effectively using both verbal and written methods
• Effective critical thinking, problem solving, planning and analytical skills and abilities
• Skill and abilities to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and re-prioritize with changing circumstances
• Well-organized, self-directed, and presents/maintains a professional demeanor
• Able to provide technical advice and knowledge to those within as well as outside of their discipline
• Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude and ability to effectively use computer software programs
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Skill and abilities to maintain working relationships that focus on performance
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current Unrestricted Arizona Registered Nurse License required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification preferred.
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Certification or ATCN preferred.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification preferred.
Submit application at www.ncch.com and fax resume to 1-866-451-0356. EOEP
Position Type :
Rebekah Noble - Recruitment & Retention Specialist
901 W Rex Allen Dr
Willcox , AZ 85643
Click Here to fill out our official online application.